What do you think you can tell your Twitter followers and fans on Facebook? It is time to pay attention to your customers.
Much has been said and written of what to write on social networks , but have you ever asked yourself what you can hear through these platforms? This is called social listening .
This is the monitoring of followers in Twitter , fans of Facebook and other social communities in real time to know what the public has to say about your brand.
” Social listening is the greatest contribution of social networks because never before a small business or entrepreneur had the ability to make high-impact advertising as do the larger firms, “said Federico Isuani, director general of the agency Socialand .
The appeal of this approach is the opportunity it represents for entrepreneurs to develop content tailored to the audience interested in your business or could represent clients potential.
What is it good for?
According to the site Social Media Today , this practice has very clear benefits. Some of them are:
- Listening to what consumers say about your brand: through monitoring mentions of your business you can bring better content, increase your relationship with your customers, control your reputation and identify business opportunities.
“Imagine you are a pastry and Twitter detect someone said he wants a dessert. You could generate a potential interaction with the consumer. Furthermore, in social listening can detect which are the most demanded products, consumer trends and put together a communication strategy, “said the expert.
This benefit not only exists in the communication with consumers. The social listening can also help enhance the monitoring strategy for B2B businesses that may be interested in your services. How? By following the interactions of decision makers of these companies.
“This is not secretly monitor these people, but to analyze their social networks – publicly giving information on how to approach them,” says Isuani.
- “spy” on your competitors (and you follow them you) know what they are doing the key players in your industry will help you innovate and anticipate problems we may face in the sector.
- Join the “key players” with the right conversation can contact your branch specialists to be part of your communication strategy. Perhaps an influential Twitterer want dessert and pastry can give your solution. Imagine you make a mention of your brand to its thousands of followers. High-impact advertising.
How can you make social listening?
There are several free and paid tools you can employ to monitor your social networks. Some are:
- Social Metrix
Once you have chosen the tool to use, it is necessary to have a person dedicated to interpret all the information that shed. Federico Isuani offered four tips for companies looking to invest to develop a strategy of social listening.
Platinum Web Media, social media marketing agency in Adelaide, Australia.
- Invest in a good tool that fits your needs.
“Many believe that spending on social networks is secondary, but necessary part of the growth of a company because it is the closest face that gives the consumer,” he said.
- Form a team of people dedicated to interpreting information tools.
- Do not think that social networking is just to say, they also serve to listen.
- Do not forget that social networks are not only relevant to marketing, also form part of your customer service, market research, networking and tools for business plans.